Below are our Terms and Conditions
Here at his.ie we can help you secure your domain in a fast and efficient manner. Please note that it takes up to 24 hours to secure your .ie domain. All payments must me made up front for us to purchase your domain. The cost of this service is €40 ex VAT.
Irish .ie domain applications operate in a different way to the registration of.com, .net, .co.uk, etc domain names. Many domain name types (eg. .com, .net, etc) are awarded on a first come first served basis, whereas Irish .ie domain names are awarded by the IEDR (Irish Domain Registry) only after you have provided adequate evidence that you are entitled to the domain name you are applying for.
The documentation required by the IEDR depends on the type of a company or organisation you are. The IEDR will not accept applications for domains that are geographical in nature, such as dublin.ie. These domains have special requirements and are not generally available for registration (see http://www.domainregistry.ie for further information).
Once you have applied for a domain name, You cannot de-register or cancel an Irish domain name after it has been registered. If your application is unsuccessful, Hewston Computer Solutions will refund your application fee. If, however, your application lapses or is withdrawn by you, the .ie registration fee cannot be refunded. Prices shown below exclude VAT at 23%
- All hosting charges are payable through standing order only.
- If in the event of 2 or more missed payments this may interupt your website services and harm your search engine optimistaion and may result in the loss of your website.
- Your account is .ie / .com it is related to your hosting plan and is also liable to interuption to your services without warning in the event of missed payments.
- You may be entitled to a DISCOUNTED updated website (up to 10%) on a periodic basis (with the exception of CMS sites eg Shopping Carts as these are database driven).
Hosting Terms and Conditions
We host all our websites on Irish Servers through Hosting Ireland and we can tailor a package to suit your budget and requirements, whether it is a small business website to a full blown content management system with 1,000's of pages.
To help us protect our clients and their businesses , please be aware of our Terms and Conditions below:
* Must agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information on the registration form
* Must agree to maintain and promptly inform us to update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If The Applicant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete (or Hosting Ireland has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete) Hosting Ireland has the right to suspend or terminate The Applicant’s account and refuse any and all current or future use of the service (or any portion thereof).
* Must not use the Hosting Ireland services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages whether commercial or otherwise.
* Is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password and account data.
* Is fully responsible for all activities that occur under The Applicant‘s password or account. The Applicant agrees to notify Hosting Ireland immediately if there is any unauthorized use of The Applicant’s password or account or any other breach of security
* Must ensure that The Applicant account is logged-out properly at the end of each session. Note: Hosting Ireland cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from The Applicant’s failure to comply with these requirements
* Who is in violation of system or network security is subject to criminal and civil liability, as well as immediate account termination. This might include, but not be limited to the following:
o Unauthorized access, use, probe, or scan of a systems security or authentication measures, data or traffic.
o Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation.
o E-mail bombing, flooding (deliberate attempts to overload a system) and broadcast attacks.
o Forging of any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting.
* Agrees not to use his account to publish any information, software or other content which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other or which knowingly contravenes the laws of any jurisdiction in which such content is generally accessible.
* Acknowledges that Hosting Ireland does NOT permit sites that provide any content, points of distribution, or 'links' to other sites that:
o Infringe on any third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
o Violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation under Irish Law;
o Are defamatory, trade libelous, threatening, unlawfully harassing, abusive, pornographic or obscene;
o Contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another;
o Contain Pirated or Hacking / Phreaking Software (Warez)- Any software that is copyrighted and not freely available for distribution without cost. ROMs, ROM Emulators and Mpeg Layer 3 files (MP3) all fall under this jurisdiction;
o Has Adult Sites (content). Meaning: Any erotic or pornographic material, links to Adult sites, or advertisements for Adult sites.
* Agrees that Hosting Ireland alone have the right to determine whether any of the messages The Applicant sends are spam. Spamming generally includes, but is not limited to:
o The bulk sending of unsolicited messages;
o The sending of unsolicited e-mails which provoke complaints from recipients
o The sending of junk mail
o The use of distribution lists that include people who have not given specific permission to be included in such distribution process
o Posting commercial ads to USENET newsgroups that do not permit it
o Posting articles containing binary encoded data to a non-binary newsgroups
o Excessive and repeated posting off-topic messages to newsgroups
o Excessive and repeated cross-posting
o E-mail harassment of another Internet Customer or Customers, including but not limited to, transmitting any threatening, libellous or obscene material, or material of any nature which could be deemed to be offensive
o The e-mailing of age-inappropriate communications or content to anyone under the age of 18.
Hosting Ireland reserve the right to utilise the services of ‘conformity regulators’ to monitor emails. The electronic monitoring of such is carried out in an endeavour to filter emails to ensure compliance with appropriate direct marketing regulations (for example "Privacy and Electronic Communications" Directive, 2002). Such monitoring can assist in reducing the volume of spam and/or unsolicited emails being sent, for example, after instructions are given to unsubscribe from newsletters…
Copyrighted material must not be placed on The Applicant’s account without the permission of the owner(s) or person(s) they specific authorization. Only the owner(s) or person(s) authorized by the owner(s) may upload copyrighted material to the account. Upon our receipt of notice of a claimed copyright infringement, and after confirmation, we will promptly remove the allegedly infringing material and carry out further procedures if necessary. Hosting Ireland will have no liability to The Applicant for the removal of any such material.
In general, Hewston Computer Solutions does not collect, store, use or disclose personally identifying information except in very specific instances, such as, for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter updates or have had multiple previous communications with a his.ie representative.
Whenever we collect such information, you will have a choice regarding whether to provide it, how it will be used, and to whom it will be disclosed.